Thursday, April 7, 2011

Moved In

We're finally all moved into our new house, with only a few miscellaneous boxes that aren't unpacked yet.  It is a lot of work, but definitely worth it.  We love our neighborhood.  Dozer loves the huge yard, although he still always wants wherever he can't be.


We have squirrels in the front yard.  Therefore, Dozer does not approve of being locked in the backyard.


It's crazy how much money a house costs in the beginning (and forever after that).  We've been to Lowe's four times in the past week and a half, and spent hundreds of dollars.  On tiny little stuff that you would never guess you'd have to buy.  Austin's been loving working outside in the yard and fixing up the garage.  Of course he wants to go buy a bunch of tools but, um, those aren't on the "need" list right now.

Aside from moving in, I've been putting together our wedding day timeline, checklist, emergency phone numbers, etc.  I'll probably be way over-prepared, but that's what happens when you're suddenly unemployed three weeks before your wedding.

The emotional side of it is what gets me.  In the past two months, my maid of honor suddenly dropped out of the wedding and quit talking to me altogether, and I lost my job - neither of which I had any control over.  To the outside world, I'm sure other people think "Oh sure, it wasn't your fault at all, right..." But seriously.  I have been in situations where I was at least partly responsible for the consequences, and in those times, I recognized that I was at fault.  And in both of these situations, there was absolutely no warning or chance for me to change their decisions.  It's really hard to face, because I'm the type of person who always wants to fix it.   If I do something wrong, I always come back around and apologize.  I can't stand for someone I care about to be upset with me.

These aren't exactly the emotions I wanted to be feeling 9 days before our wedding.  But I'm not in control of the circumstances, and I just have to trust that there is a reason for this.  I truly cannot wait for next week to be here so I can be surrounded by my friends and family in a giant celebration.  I just hope that all the happiness around me doesn't cause me to spin into an emotional breakdown.

In brighter news, the 10-day weather forecast is here for Saturday, and it's supposed to be sunny and 86 degrees.  Perfect weather for an outdoor wedding :)

2 comments:

  1. DUDE. The first two weeks you move in to the house, you're at Lowe's at least every other day, and spend thousands. NUTSO.

    We went nuts on it, then the weather made us wait, and now we're about to be able to go nuts again on wiring and painting and unpacking! Balancing the house doing with the wedding day is craziness. :)

    Oh, darling!!! Your maid of honor ditched?!!?! How did I miss this? That's awful.

    YAY for next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my bridesmaid's and I had a huuuuuge fight before my wedding too. We were able to put our differences aside for the big day but didn't talk for a year afterwards. We've since gotten over it and are friends again - but it's not the same.

    Whatever made your made of honor quit, she will get over it and you will too (most likely)- it may just take some time.

    ReplyDelete