Friday, April 30, 2010

Boyfriend's Birthday

TGIF! Today is my boyfriend's 25th birthday! He requested that I make him breakfast pizza this morning.

My mom used to make this for my brother and I when we were kids. We would request it for a special event such as the day of a big test, Christmas, or a birthday. I thought I'd share this childhood favorite with you.

Breakfast Pizza

Ingredients:
  • 7 Eggs
  • 1/3 cup Milk
  • 1 pkg crescent rolls
  • 2 cups Hash Browns, thawed
  • 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese
  • 1 lb. Breakfast Sausage, fully cooked
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Salt & Pepper
First, I gathered all of the ingredients together. I set the oven to pre-heat at 350 degrees.

Then I spread out the crescent rolls on the bottom of a 9x13 dish. On top of the crust, I sprinkled fully-cooked breakfast turkey sausage.


Next, I sprinkled a layer of hash browns followed by a layer of shredded cheese.


In a separate bowl, I beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. I gradually poured this mixture on top as the last layer.
Into the oven to bake 35-40 minutes.

I removed the dish from the oven and sprinkled a layer of parmesan cheese on top.

The first bite immediately took me back to my childhood. Only instead of preparing to take a standardized test after this delicious breakfast, I'm headed to work today. I can't decide which is better - tests or work? I vote neither!


What were your favorite meals as a kid? Do you still enjoy them as an adult?

I always loved my mom's breakfast pizza, chicken parmesan, and white enchiladas; I still enjoy all of these meals!

2 comments:

  1. There was a goulash that mom used to make. I made it recently and it felt like a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had goulash! I want to try making it though!

    ReplyDelete