Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Day in the Life of the Redhead

My typical day starts with a hearty breakfast.


In this particular case, my first meal of the day was migas and hashbrowns with OJ.


After a long day of work which includes a packed lunch, I head home and walk in the door to be greeted by my pup.


He is a ball of energy.  He also believes that the reason we buy him toys is so that he can destroy them.  He takes this job very seriously and can go thru an "indestructible" toy in less than 3 minutes.


I usually take Dozie on a walk to get the mail, then Austin & I head to the gym for a nice evening workout.

Then it's time for dinner.


Austin loves to grill, so on nights like these - dinner is particularly easy for me!  I just kick back and relax while he takes the reigns.


Beer Can Turkey. It was out-of-this-world delicious: moist and flavorful!  I recommend you make this pronto.

All you need is a turkey and a can of beer


This recipe would work on the grill or in the oven, whichever you prefer.

After dinner is cleaned up and lunches prepared for the next day, I like to relax and read a good book.  This week, I've been reading Marley & Me.  I've already seen the movie, but I definitely recommend the book as well!

Do you have a daily routine, or are you more of a spontaneous person?
I enjoy a bit of spontaneity every now and then to spruce up my otherwise typical routine.

5 comments:

  1. haha i had to laugh at the beer can turkey! lol drunken turkey on the grill NiiiiiCE!

    hehe ketchup heart.. isnt it so fun to add little hearts with mustard or ketchup or anything really!

    i do have a routine but i try to leave an open mind to let things be more spontaneous. it works better that way.. and also i dont get shocked as much when something different happens that i didnt plan since i was more open to the idea that something DIFFERENT COULD HAPPEN :)

    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely more spontaneous. I think I need some more routine in my life to be more healthy. Oh- and I used to have a dog just like that. She was a beagle and she destroyed every dog bed w bought her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hearty breakfast is always great!
    I am a creature of habit for the most part solely because I want to ensure I am eating well.
    Check out my blog for a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love the Dozer pictures. I do try to have a rotuine, but sticking to it is a completely different story. ;-)

    I'd love to be more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I've always wanted to try beer can turkey!

    ReplyDelete